Sunday, July 6, 2008

Nerves and Fireworks

Well, it's been awhile since I've blogged. It's been nonstop insanity at our house. June 20th was a crazy day- we had fireworks delivered, I had a doctor appointment and the boys had a teeball game. My doc appt was a education class that is necessary prior to the bariatric surgery. They tell you that usually from the education class, that it is 6-8 weeks after that, when they can usually get you in for surgery. WELL... when I mentioned that we were moving in Sept, the doc wanted me to get put at the top of the list to get done ASAP, so that I can get my 2 month check up before we go.

I got a call last week that they have me scheduled for July 9th. It is going to be a crazy week again.

We did really well at the fireworks stand. The 3rd and 4th were insane. MONEY MONEY MONEY everywhere!! People were standing in line waiting to check out and my fingers were flying on the register!! We did over 13,000 dollars (net) just on the 4th alone. TNT figured since this was a new location, that we would most likely sell on average, 20,000 dollars. Well, we over shot that number by 10,000 dollars. Not too shabby! We will take home about 20% of it. It was a long 2 weeks out there. Sooooo glad it is over with.

We took the boys to Chuckie Cheese tonight to reward them for their hard work out at the tent. They were big boys helping us packing boxes and unpacking. They were really good about helping us!

WELL, I guess this catches us up for the moment. I want to try to keep things updated until we move.... and then we will get situated in San Diego!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAh for the great sucess with the fireworks... adn the fact that you are now on the loosing side of the surgery! its a hard journey butwell worth it..yoru boys wont knwo what to do when you are chasing htem down the street or playing harder thanthey are at the park! i am always here wiht you! i am wishing i was there to help ya out more... but you knwo how to find me!!!
loves you
melisa