Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Art Class

The boys have been taking an art class that is held at our friends house. It is being taught by a member of our ward. He is great. He is teaching them techniques, not just handing them crayons and paper. They do watercolors, colored pencils and he even has real artist pencils for them to use. It is great.


Yesterday, they had a really cute project they did and I have the pics to share with you. They had to take off their shoes, and we traced their shoes on the page - end to end. Then they were to make bugs out of the shapes. I think a couple kids made catapillers, and one even made a bedbug. I LOVE the imaginations on these little people!!


After they got done with their pictures, Steve (their teacher) asked what kinds of bugs they made, and why. He loves to talk to them and know why they choose certian colors and designs.


Here is Bradens- he says it is a moth.


and a closer picture of his moth.....(mommy traced his shoes, and I messed it up a bit.....oops)


And here is Rileys... I LOVE his... he says it is a mosquito. Isn't this the cutest mosquito you have ever seen?? He told daddy that it is even in a jar. (look close, it really is, he even drew a lid on top.) And the funny part, is he told daddy that he forgot to draw holes in the top of the lid for the mosquito to get air. We laughed at that one.



They have been learning alot from this class. They are really enjoying it too. I will try to keep posting their projects as they do them.

No comments: