Saturday, June 14, 2008

Orders

Well, it is official. We are moving. Dalven has orders to go the Asheville, which is stationed at San Diego (Point Loma Subase)

Come mid Sept. we will be packing out our house and sending it away with the movers. We should be leaving Groton around the 18th and heading WEST!!!
We are pretty excited, and yet, it's pretty scary doing it all over again. But, such is a military family life. The kids seem pretty excited, we've been talking to them and they like the idea of being in California. Sea World, Disney, Family..... lots of good things should come from this!

I am somewhat nervous about going back to sea duty. The Asheville is a fast attack boat and they go on West Pac's that last 6 months. I hate the 2-3 months Dalven is gone on the boomers.... how am I going to deal with 6 months!! Guess we will figure it out. I hope.
Talk about drama, huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats on the orders, but you are leaving me too soon! We're going to do Sariah's birthday on Sept. 20, if you could be here, that would be super! :) I'll miss you!

Anonymous said...

Ok call me selfish but yahoooo you are coming closer to me! Finally its only been 5 years... imove somewhere and you run across the country to get away from me... was starting to think i had cooties...
Misa

Anonymous said...

hehe you can come to hawaii while he is gone for 6 months... grinz.... we will make it work you have to tell me how to make my blogspot all pretty liek yours!!
misa

Anonymous said...

OH NO SAY IT's NOT SO!!!! Don't GO!!! OK OK, you can go, but we are going to miss you guys!!

Amy