We went to Mystic Seaport today... (http://www.mysticseaport.org/) It was a freebie day out- we checked out a pass from the library. We didn't get to do the whole area, but we figured that we could just go check out the pass again and finish the activities another time. ANYWHOOOO..... here are some of the pics from our day.
This is a big anchor outside the entrance to Sea Port.
Braden is in the "face" that is falling off the boat -- and Riley up above Braden.
Sittin' on the whale... (which has teeth....???)
This is one of the houses they have there-- you can go upstairs (the boys loved going up stairs in the places that allowed it....)
We went to the Children's Museum there at Sea Port. They had a play area that was set up like a ship, Riley was "fishing" and you can see Braden "swabbing the deck" behind. (better pic below)
Braden made sure to put on his life vest... Safety First!
This is one of the tall ships-- it was a whaling ship. We were able to go inside it and go down and see the crew areas and even further below for the ballast area.... they had a "blubber room" .... and there was not much room at all. Dalven and I had to watch our heads. I actually had to leave and go up on deck before the rest of them... Yes, I am claustrophobic....
The boys got to make a toy boat-- we paid $5.00 for each of them to hot glue wood pieces together... I'm pretty sure they are not historically acurate in the assembly of these particular toys....
Well, that was our day....
3 comments:
That place looks like so much fun! I want to see pictures of the newer svelter you!
How cool is that!!! The boys are growing up so much. The last time we saw them they were 3. I'm excited you all are moving here. Way to go on your weight loss. I know it's hard. But, it's well worth it! Love ya!
Hey Girl! How are you feeling? Been thinking about you so I thought I would write. Keep me posted ok?
ps. I tagged you on my blog (sorry.)
Post a Comment