Well.... spring has sprung here in New England. I got caught after church today, on someone's yard taking pictures of her magnolia flowers...ha ha... I did learn however, that the flowers I had been seeing all over, are in deed magnoilas. The lady had said when they bought the house, they were informed it was a Southern Magnolia. I lived in
SOUTHERN Georgia, and it did not look like any
SOUTHERN magnolia I have ever seen. So, I did some reasearch and found, yes, it is a magnolia, just not a southern one. It is called Saucer Magnolia. Isn't it pretty? The whole bush is pink.
You can see the lady's house in the back ground... HA HA

Here is a picture of it close up. The whole tree is covered in them... no leaves, just flowers.

I am pretty sure this is a Cherry tree. It is in front of the next door neighbors yard. I took a few pics of it... Look how blue they sky was this past Friday.
**UPDATE** I have been informed that this is the Red Bud tree.**UPDATE**


Just some other pics...I kinda like taking pictures of flowers. They hold still better than 5 year old boys.
Riley and I took a walk and found the Forsythia bush along the way, so here it is...



I am going to go see if I can find more flowers... hopefully not in peoples yards... HA HA.
2 comments:
Beautiful pics Bek. Looks georgeous! Those pink trees look like what we call Red Buds here in Ga & Fl. :-O Carla
OK BEK!! Do you have any trees you can take pictures of in your own yard?? LOL!! Just kidding, these are really pretty pictures!!
Love,
Amy
p.s. I have a pretty one in my front yard if you would like to take a pic feel free!!
Post a Comment