Saturday, June 13, 2009

Spilling the Beans

Well, I guess I am about to find out how many people actually read my blog. (when I update that is....)

Now, you have to keep this sectret until Wed! I have my first OB appt then -- and I hope to have my first ultrasound pics! YUP!! We are pregnant!! I am about 8 weeks. It truly is a miracle. Not that the boys arn't! This has been a lot of prayers and wondering why... and then ANSWERED!!

We had our first fertilty appointment in April. With Dalven's schedule for sea, it wasn't going to work out until August or September to start our fertility treatments. I was really really upset because I hate waiting! But, I was okay with it, we had the doctors not to far away, and able to help us.

Skip ahead to mid- May. I had started feeling not "normal" (hush... I know, I know....) and other symptoms that made me wonder.... so I bought a test. Fully expecting an answer to the negative (it always is for me.....) well, it wasen't!! I FREAKED out.... and of course I bought the most acurate tests out there... Dalven was at sea, and this was at the time that the email system was down... sigh. STRESS. I waited till the morning to do the 2nd test, just in case the first one had problems... ha ha. Still positive... and well, here we are today.

Hopefully, I will be able to show pictures on Wednesday. They are supposed to do and ultrasound then, to help determine exactly how far I am. Going off my period dates doesn't work for me with all the fertility problems I normally have.

If you are wondering "how"? Well, not the biological side anyways -- Having had the gastric bypass almost a year ago, it has helped my system get back to a normal state, which I've never had.... so this little miracle is due to the bypass-- at least in my opinion.

There you have our news.... and remember!! You are not allowed to say anything yet! (at least on Facebook if you are there with me ) =) Just till I have the ultrasounds...

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Wow!!! A big congratulations to you!!! Ian read your blog yesterday and told me but this is the first chance I've had to get back on and read for myself. Such great news! I'm so excited for you! My lips are sealed until you make your big announcement on FB.

Esther said...

Yay!!! YaaY!!! Yay!!! Let some of that rub off on me okay!? Congratulations! That is sooo awesome! I'm so happy for you!!!!

Marlene said...

Yay! from us too! And for the record, I check your blog every few days! I checked on Friday and it was the same ol same ol so I didn't check again..... then I heard the news on facebook!
But SOME people do check on your blog kiddo!