Thursday, January 22, 2009

Birthday Boys

Just thought I would put some pics of the boys birthday up on the blog... Yes, I am behind, but you should expect it by now!

They decided on spider man for their cake... this is what I came up with and had done in about 10 minutes... I was rushed yesterday, so I guess it's better than nothing!!
They took turns blowing out candles... Braden went first and then Riley....







They got a "mack" truck from cars that folds out to a play set. They each got a new tee shirt, some art books, hot wheels, 10 dollars each and another 5 from grammie and papa. Daddy also got them new Wii games... so they did pretty good for Birthday too!
We were able to bring cupcakes into their class to share. Everyone told me I made the best cupcakes (I know... ha haa.... might need to thank the bakery at Food 4 Less.....naaahh...) and the boys told me I was the most awsome mom... that's always nice to hear. After school, we drove down to base and picked up Dalven at the boat.
They had a pretty good day. Dalven took us out to Olive Garden for the boys b-day. (they chose where to go) and the servers sang to them. We didn't have dessert there, since I made the cake. BUT- our server put some of the dinner mints in wine glasses for the kids and punched a hole in the middle of one of the cardboard coasters. She shoved a candle in it and brought them out to the kids and let them blow out the candles. They LOVED it... they only wanted the mints anyway, so when they each got a handful of them, they were pretty happy.
Yeah, it wasn't alot to some people... but we had a great day, and the boys enjoyed the whole day.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me! I'm glad they had fun. Not too shabby on the cake, either. You should see some of the ones I've done. Not pretty. ;o) I think I'll have to put Olive Garden on my birthday wish list.

Mykidzmakmecraze said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday to me!! doesn't have to be a super blowout to be the best b-day ever!! its a day to celebrate their arrival there and sounds like ti was celebrated to me! Wish we were closer!