We had a horrible time with the U-Haul trailer. We had 3 flat tires on the trailer...one in NY, one in Nebraska and one in Idaho.... (same side/tires) and also, one tire on the truck while we were visiting my mom. I was flat tired out!!
We thought (and were told) that it was going to be fairly simple to get into housing out here... HA HA HA... yeah, right. We were eventually able to find a house out in town to rent, and it seems we should be okay here. We have a really nice back yard, or will be when we get it mowed and some extra water! 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a "bonus" family room. The kitchen is lacking... well, the kitchen, but will be semi-remodeled very soon. I am pretty sure this is the ORIGINAL stove to this house... My mom says it looks like it is from a Doris Day movie.
Scary, huh? Well, only one burner works, and there is another one that thinks about getting warm, but never actually acomplishes it. I will be glad when it is gone!! I am going to ask (eventually) about painting the kitchen. They just got done painting it not too long ago-- but they painted it a dark chocolate brown.... It is just WAY too dark for a kitchen and I never feel it is very clean. I would rather a tan, if I must stay in the browns (the rest of the house is in tans and browns-- but nice nutral colors) Just the kitchen is not good.... I hope they let me re-paint it to a nicer, lighter color!!
Anyway--we are here -- and if you have not recieved the new address -- let me know and I will send you a private email with the address in it. I am not sure how "public" my blog is, so I don't want to post it for the whole world full of crazies to find me!
4 comments:
YEAHHH a blog update... its not liek you are busy doign anything... geeezzz... heheheh glad that you are getting settled but yikes that stove is horrible.... your close to me now muhahhahahha
misa
I think that would be a world record for flat tires in a single cross county trip!
gosh..that stove is ancient!!!! my neighbors next door still have their original stove from 1963!!! it's one of those gas stoves with side by side oven/drawer things...scary crazy!!
better get back to doing some school stuff...thank goodness it's almost over!!!
love and miss you all tons!!!
WHAT!! I LOVE THAT STOVE, LOL!! Glad you are all getting settled in. CT miss ya!!
Love,
Amy
I'm glad you are "settled" now. That stove reminds me of one I had at "Ricks College" 29 years ago and I thought it was ancient then. :o) Hope you all are enjoying WA. heart, Carla
Post a Comment